Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 89

Thread: new topic!! cooking

  1. #71
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Sounds good Tyme2Play [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] yummy yummy yummy!!
    I'm glad you liked the 'cooking with gus' thing NewYorkJettster [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    See you folks further on down the road!
    Your friend,
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #72
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] _ [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] _ [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] _ [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

    http://www.guscooks.com/archive/20020821.gif

  3. #73
    Inactive Member Free Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Hey NYJ I really love your snow job. You're real good at it.Yes one day people will see the truth.I have let you upset me and yes you had that coming for a long time and Yes,I did make an out burst on this board and I would Like to apologizing TO EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD FOR MY OUT BURST.It was not directed at anyone on this board.Other than! When you're upset you say things without thinking and that's what I did but you NYJ In time I'm sure everyone will see who you really are and tell your little friends to stop trying to fool me on the instance message that their Joan Jett I fell for it once because I was new to the computer but I have learned not to talk to anyone I don't know.

  4. #74
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    That's sounds really good Tyme2play, I might just make it next week. Have a good nite!
    - NYJ - [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  5. #75
    Inactive Member sparklelynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2002
    Posts
    415
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Hey Tyme- I was hoping that you would post a receipe or two. I know that you weight lift. Well, I work out a little myself. I'm not a weight lifter but I do try to stay in some kind of shape. I'm very interested in some of the inputs you have as far as what are the better things to eat. As far as nutrition. I myself am at a good weight...I just don't want to pack on anymore pounds. Any suggestion's?

  6. #76
    Inactive Member valstreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sparkle- Most people start an exercise program to lose weight. There are those of us lucky enough to only have to maintain our bodyweight. What I try and make my clients understand is that exercise is ONLY 30% of the game. The most important part is nutrition, 70% of success. Fat does not make one fat, anymore than sugar makes one sweet [img]wink.gif[/img] It is the types of food we eat and when we eat them that play a key role.

    A lot of what I learned about diet was when I was a competitive bodybuilder back in the '80's. The diet consisted of 5-6 small meals a day. Each meal contained a balance of protien, carbs and fat. The body needs fat to protect vital organs, but we need the good fats. Those come in the form of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Flax Seed Oil. The biggest downfall of Americans is the overinduldging in complex carbs (rice, pasta, potatoes, breads). That is what is making people fat.

    A good rule of thumb is to eat every 3 hours, in small portions. Your dinner should NOT include startchy carbs, but rather salad, veggies and protien. I tell my clients to NOT eat carbs after 6pm.

    Read labels on food [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] The total percent of calories from fat should not be above 15% per serving. Anything higher than that is considered fatty in nature. Look to see how much of the carbs come from sugar. I encourage people using "Equal" to switch to "Splenda" and look for products that contain it.

    I will try and put up some of my fave dishes when I have time. The new recommendation that came out is to do an hour of exercise per day. Make sure that some of it is cardiovascular [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Val

  7. #77
    Inactive Member sparklelynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2002
    Posts
    415
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Oh Tyme- I'm so glad you posted what you did! Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this! Like I said I'm not a body builder but I do try to eat healthy and I problably could use to lose about 10-15 pounds. Well, maybe not so much lose weight, just get better toned!
    I HATE the word "cardiovascular" when it comes to excercise!!! [img]wink.gif[/img] That usually means that four letter word that Gus and I HATE (WORK)!!
    I'm really interested in how I could do better on the eating side of things though! Like I told NYJ-I have a weakness for Chocolate.
    Also, I'm a little confused about the starchy foods. I've read in some places that pasta and stuff like that is a high energy food. Usually when I work out, I get the feeling of being very worn down.?. Not while I'm excercising, but hours later. Obviously I get tired when I work out. I don't think I'm over exercising. In fact I think I need to increase it.
    Do you have any advice on this? [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  8. #78
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Did I hear someone say Chocolate. I'm sniffing around my house right now, LOL. How you doing tonite Sparkle~ Ya know Sparkle the Chocolate Mousse can be made low fat style also, and it's just as good. Somethings don't taste good in low fat but the Mousse does, and yes, I made it all by myself too. Sparkle~ hopefully we can meet at a Jett show sometime, me and my friends are alot of fun, and we are nice people too! Have a good nite - NYJ - [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  9. #79
    Inactive Member valstreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sparkle-

    Pasta is a good energy source, in fact it is what is used to "carbo load" by Triathletes and marathon runners. Depending on the time of day that you work out, you should plan your meals around that time. A small snack of fruit pre-workout is usually enough to power you through. It may be that you are not getting enough energy in you prior to your workouts. I have had breakfast and one snack meal prior to my workout, and usually a banana before I workout. All of my meals and snacks include protien, since it repairs muscle. After I workout I have rice with some sort of protien, fish or chicken mostly.

    If you find that protien is hard to consume every meal, you might want to try a protien supplement. I prefer whey or soy protien because it digests well. The bars are usually chalked full of sugars, I would stay away from them, with the exception of Bio-Chem Low Carb bars. In most of the other bars, the carbs come from sugars. Fuel your body in the morning with your complex carbs, either cereal, bagel or toast and some sort of protien.

    I know that most people hate cardio, but it is essential to the health of your [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . I would recommend Co Enzyme Q10 to boost your energy 200 mg per day, also Vitamin B Complex. Other supplements to use would be Vitamin C, Multi Vitamin, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, and drink plenty of water. Try doing cardio in small intervals of 15 mins each. That tends to be less stressful on some people.

    Your meals should be as follows:

    Breakfast
    snack
    Lunch
    snack
    Dinner
    snack

    The after dinner snack is fruit, all others contain protien, and the late afternoon snack should have light carbs. Spacing that 3 hours apart is what works best. Your body will get use to it.

    Val

  10. #80
    Inactive Member sparklelynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2002
    Posts
    415
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Tyme- Thankyou so much for posting all this. It's really great advice. Now to follow it [img]eek.gif[/img]
    Have a great rest of the week!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic